Enter your e-mail to subscribe to the free TeamRCIA newsletter
Diana skies through the six principles of the RCIA
(Password is: teamrcia)
Slides and handouts
Instructions for Liturgy Preparation
Training in Christian Life
Monterey – learning needs
Learning needs drawings
Catechetical session outline
Six Principles of the RCIA
Distinguishing the Baptized
Free articles on RCIA team building
- Sponsors: Nine must-know facts
- 100 ways to involve parishioners in the RCIA
- 20 ideas for finding RCIA sponsors
- Who’s on your RCIA team?
- Learn more about liturgy with this new resource
- Questions from Pope Benedict for RCIA Teams
- RCIA in clustered parishes
- Spring checklist for RCIA teams
- What happens after the catechumenate?
- How firm a foundation
- Discerning Disciples: Listening for God’s Voice in Christian Initiation, Second Edition
- Enter the Rose: Retreats for Unfolding the Mysteries of Faith with Catechumens, Candidates, and All Believers
- Plan a Successful Discernment Retreat (webinar recording)
- The Way of Faith: A Field Guide for the RCIA Process
- How to Form a Catechumenate Team (PDF download)
- Dreams and Visions: Pastoral Planning for Lifelong Faith Formation
- Bundle: Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults: A Reader’s Guide to the Introduction, Sections 1-4 (PDF download)
- Sunday Mass: Our Role and Why It Matters
- Why Go to Mass?
- The Heart of Faith: A Field Guide for Catechumens and Candidates
- Year-Round Catechumenate
Faith, Life & Creed
A Complete Catechesis for Christian Life
Everything you need to bring your catechumens and candidates to discipleship and intimacy in Jesus Christ. Faith, Life & Creed has been designed and written with adult learning principles in mind. Mary Birmingham creator and author Bill Huebsch general editor
Make Mass More Meaningful
A Free 5-session E-mail Course
Discover why Sunday liturgy is so important. Explore the powerful impact Mass can have in your life.
This 5-session e-course will show you how to make Mass more meaningful. Each lesson gets delivered to your e-mail, hot and fresh, every two to three days.
Imagine what would happen if every Sunday you came away from Mass more filled with God’s Spirit.
Imagine the joy and peace you would feel all week long.
Perfect for your catechumens and candidates!
Send them to this link: FaithFieldGuide.com/make-mass-more-meaningful
Adult learning resources
These are some resources that influenced the way we designed the retreat.
- Halsey, Vicki. Brilliance by Design: Creating Learning Experiences That Connect, Inspire, and Engage. San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2011
- Knowles, Malcolm S. The adult learner: a neglected species. 4th ed. Houston, Tx: Gulf Pub. Co, 1990.
- Maslow, A. J. “Defense and Growth.” The psychology of open teaching and learning: an inquiry approach. 4. ed. Boston: Little, 1972. 43-51.
- Postman, Neil, and Charles Weingartner. Teaching as a subversive activity. New York: Delacorte Press, 1969.
- Stephenson, John, and Michael Laycock. Using learning contracts in higher education. London: Kogan Page, 1993.