After you dismiss the catechumens from the liturgy, what happens? I’ve heard lots of folks refer to “dismissal catechesis.” Are you doing catechesis during the dismissal session? Are you doing breaking open of the word? Do you ever “break open” anything besides the word—the opening prayer or the opening song, for example?
Click here for a description of how I have done the dismissal session.
Share your thoughts about what you do in the comments box below.
See also these related articles:
- Honoring the Baptized
- How to lead a 30-minute dismissal session
- Is my pastor right about dismissal?
- Eucharist and communion—what’s the difference?
- Five things your RCIA team may not know about the dismissal
- Time to recover the prophetic power of the RCIA dismissal
- A powerful conversion process for baptized candidates in the RCIA
- What happens during dismissal?
- Four ways the RCIA dismissal teaches faith