It’s time to rethink the way we do the RCIA in our communities
The way you teach and form your catechumens and candidates can determine whether they simply become name-only Catholics or lifelong disciples.
We all agree that the community needs to be involved in the RCIA. But how do we go beyond bulletin announcements and explaining the RCIA to the assembly? The key is to stop trying to get the parish involved in the RCIA and start getting the catechumens and candidates involved in the parish.
When you get out of the classroom mentality and begin teaching the RCIA in the midst of the community, you will be shaping not just a group of people but an entire parish into lifelong disciples.
Who is this course for?
You need to be in this course if:
- You want to get the entire parish on fire and involved in the RCIA process from beginning to end
- You want to help all the baptized evangelize and become examples of discipleship for your catechumens
- You want to learn an effective and simple method for teaching catechumens that connects the Catholic way of life to the dogmas and precepts of the church and inspires them to be witnesses to Christ in their daily lives
- You want to implement a comprehensive, systematic, year-round, and complete catechesis for your catechumens and candidates…without overwhelming them or burning out you or your team
- You want to honor the specific needs of each person and the abundant gifts the Holy Spirit gives to each of your parishioners
- You want to get seekers started in formation no matter what time of year they show up at your door
- You want your catechumens and candidates to become not name-only Catholics but lifelong disciples
Learn these practical, do-able strategies to get your entire parish involved. You will find that you’ll have more time, energy, joy, and confidence when you help transform your entire parish into a community of lively faith in Jesus Christ.
What is in the course?
In “RCIA in the Midst of the Community,” you get:
- 15 online training videos
- Full transcripts ready to print
- Audio files to listen anywhere
- Bonus handouts and material
- All online and easy to access beginning June 1, 2018
- Work at your own pace
- All available 24/7 for one year
- And a money-back guarantee
Do I have to complete the course within a set timeframe?
You will have access to the course for one full year. You can proceed at your own pace. If you spend an hour a week on the course, you will probably complete it in about 5 weeks.
Can my whole team participate in the course?
The registration is per person. You will need to register each member of your team who wishes to participate.
Can my catechumens or candidates participate in the course?
We don’t recommend that. The material is designed to deepen the knowledge and skills of RCIA team members and is written specifically for the team.
Is the course available in Spanish?
Regretfully, no. TeamRCIA.com does not currently have the resources to provide the course in other languages.
What is the format of the course?
All the material is online, accessible from any computer, smartphone, or tablet. The content is provided in three different formats: video, audio, or PDF transcript.
How do I get access to the course?
Once you purchase your registration, you are in the course. We will send you a separate e-mail with your login information before the course start date.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
If you get into the course and decide it’s not for you, just let us know within 10 days and we’ll refund everything back to you.
Online training course