Pope Benedict XVI challenges every believer “to rediscover the content of the faith that is professed, celebrated, lived and prayed, and to reflect on the act of faith” so that we might be credible witnesses (Porta fidei, 9).
The pope also says that to make a credible profession of faith, we need conviction, confidence, and hope.
This webinar will give you a deeper understanding of the goals and actions of the teaching authorities of the post-Vatican II Church.
Specifically, we will discuss:
- The complimentary but distinct roles of directories and catechisms in faith formation
- The two key documents that provide the fulcrum for today’s faith formation efforts
- The four central components of Christian life that make up all faith formation
- The most successful example of post-Vatican II faith formation in action
- The U.S. bishops’ plan for implementing a parish-wide renewal process
This webinar originally aired on November 6, 2012. The full video/audio recording includes a downloadable handout and recommended resources.
Once you purchase your recording, you will receive a download link for a PDF with information on accessing your recording. Be sure to click the download link after your purchase so you can view your recording. You can view your recording any time as many times as you like.
Workshop, via online recording
Photo by Giuseppe Zeta, via flickr, CC BY 2.0