Doing the RCIA is a big responsibility, and no one likes to feel unsure and isolated. In 2007 we saw how business leaders were using the Internet to share and connect, not just with their customers but also with each other. We thought parish ministers and volunteers could certainly do the same. That’s why we started TeamRCIA.
Because once we’re connected with each other, we can do amazing things:
- Convert hearts to Jesus Christ
- Build thriving parishes
- Break free of “the way we’ve always done it”
- Go way beyond our own limits
- Be inspired and inspiring
We began with a blog—a web journal—to create an online community of people who are passionate about sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ through parish initiation ministry. Today TeamRCIA is a community of over 20,000 parish ministers and volunteers throughout North America and beyond. We provide accessible and effective RCIA resources that help parish teams initiate and form disciples for Christ’s mission.
Our mission is to help you be the minister your parish needs and that God has called you to be. We believe in you. You can do amazing things.
What we do
TeamRCIA.com is a FREE online resource for Catholic parishes and dioceses that want to form Christians for life.
- We provide accessible and relevant resources through articles and conversations initiated by four national leaders in the United States church, who have been serving in RCIA ministry for more than two decades. We invite you to join the conversation by clicking on the comments link on any blog post.
- We offer a variety of online and in-person training for church ministers and volunteers, through webinars, e-mail courses, downloads, discussion forums, and training events led by experts in the field of initiation ministry.
- We make the best printed resources available to RCIA ministers and pastoral leaders and publish original material that helps ministers serve the mission of the church.
Stay updated with your free newsletter!
Nick Wagner is the codirector and cofounder of TeamRCIA.com, a free online resource for catechumenate ministry, and is a leading voice and trainer in Catholic liturgical and catechetical ministries. With more than 35 years of experience in ministry and in Catholic publishing, Nick uses his gift for translating theological principles into simple and clear language to inspire joy, commitment, and passion for faith in parish teams. Nick holds a master’s degree from Saint John’s University, Collegeville, Minnesota, and is the author of many publications, including Seek the Living God: Five RCIA Inquiry Questions for Making Disciples; the award-winning book The Way of Faith: A Field Guide for the RCIA Process; and Field Hospital Catechesis: The Core Content for RCIA Formation
Diana Macalintal is the codirector and cofounder of TeamRCIA.com, a free online resource for catechumenate ministry. She is an author and speaker on liturgy, music, prayer, RCIA, and intercultural ministry. She holds a Master of Arts in Theology from Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota, and has served in campus, parish, and diocesan ministries for almost 30 years. Her latest books include The Work of Your Hands, a collection of prayers; Joined by the Church, Sealed by a Blessing, a parish resource for marriage preparation which she wrote with her husband, Nick Wagner; Living Liturgy, a Sunday by Sunday liturgical year resource; and Your Parish Is the Curriculum: RCIA in the Midst of the Community, all published by Liturgical Press.