- In this episode, we continue with our exploration of the Creed with part 2 of looking at Salvation.
- We will also focus on our resource that’s very useful for us in terms of talking about the Creed
- Finally, Nick and Diana respond to a listener question about the Rite of Reception.
Listen to these additional podcasts:
- Episode 121: Why the church returned to the norm of adult baptism
- Episode 120: Four key markers that identify us as true Christians
- Episode 119: The ancient truth about the church that Vatican II revealed
- Episode 118: How God speaks to us today
- Episode 117: Three words in the Creed that caused the great schism between East and West
The Creed: The Apostolic Faith in Contemporary Theology
Berard L. Marthaler
This invaluable resource provides rich commentary and historical notes on the Creed, and deals not only with historical debates but also with contemporary challenges and modern ecumenical convergences.
Unique among the many commentaries on the classic formulas of Christian faith, this volume does not simply relate the ancient Creeds to the apostolic faith of the New Testament, but illumines these formulas by presenting them in light of contemporary theological issues. Readers in ecclesiology will find here an exposition of basic Catholic doctrine that is clearly laid out (and fully coordinated with the Catechism) with a perfect blend of solid academics and clear and accessible writing.
Check out this webinar recording: “Is your RCIA process slow enough? “ Click here for more information.